Deidre Petrakis is a Senior Associate at Adviceline Injury Lawyers. Predominantly based in the Epping office, Deidre assists people with work injury and public liability claims.
Deidre has always had a strong passion for the law and a keen desire to achieve the best possible outcomes for her clients. She has a diverse background and has worked in personal injury litigation; the Department of Human Services; the Northern Hospital; and as a Legal Research Fellow for the Associate Dean (Academic) in the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law at La Trobe University.
Immediately prior to joining Adviceline, Deidre worked as a Child Protection Lawyer and Court Advocate at the Department of Human Services, working to protect the rights of children.
As a skilled lawyer and advocate Deidre uses her Court and advocacy expertise to resolve matters early and efficiently in order to get the best outcomes for her clients.
Understanding legal system can be confronting and difficult, Deidre strives to make the process simpler for her clients. Deidre’s clients value her professionalism, empathy and determination in seeking fair compensation.
Deidre has lived in the northern suburbs for the majority of her life and is fluent in Greek. She understands the particular needs of people of non-speaking English backgrounds.
She is passionate about immersing herself in organisations within her community. As a pro bono lawyer for Youthlaw, Deidre assists with their Legal Pod Program to help vulnerable young people aged 17-21 to provide legal advice and representation for legal and non-legal issues as they transition to independence.
- secured a six digit settlement against multiple defendants, for a client that sustained an injury after hiring a trailer from a hardware store
- secured a substantial settlement for a client with an un-operated back injury against a former employer where she had been working for approximately two decades and experienced flare ups
- won a hard fought case for reinstatement of weekly payments for a client that had to be assessed by a Medical Panel. Following successful reinstatement of weekly payments, we also settled her common law claim for a significant settlement
- lodged an impairment benefit for a client that resides overseas. He was awarded a significant amount for his injury and deemed to have a serious injury which will enable us to proceed with his common law claim.
- Bachelor of Laws – La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Arts – La Trobe University
- Board Member of Committee of Management – Agapi Care, a not-for-profit organisation that supports people with disabilities
Additional languages spoken
I walked into the office not expecting much, but walked out full of hope. I was always kept up to date with everything that was happening in my case. Deidre was a pleasure to deal with and always ensured all bases were covered (with a smile on her face!). The dream is now a reality. We have been able to build a home – a goal we have had for many years and to now have it realised is just fantastic. A great big hug and thank you again!- Steven K
Deidre was very thorough and explained situations and outcomes. Every time I needed something she was very helpful and respectful.- Dimitra P