Adviceline Injury Lawyers is a specialist personal injury law firm in Victoria, with particular expertise in work injury (including hearing loss), accidents on the road, public place slips and trips and claims of negligence.
For more than 50 years, we have been helping injured Victorians access the compensation they need to get their lives back on track. We take on all types of cases and represent all parts of the community, including people who find it difficult to afford a lawyer or speak a language other than English. Several of our lawyers speak many different languages including Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin) and Greek.
Our firm's approach to providing legal services is centred around the needs of the client; and being boutique in size, our team can be agile and responsive to all client requests and provide a tailored approach to existing and new clients. Supporting this is our unique offering of a free telephone advice service which is entirely staffed by lawyers, not a secretary or call centre. The lawyer who answers that telephone call is likely to provide advice, assistance and representation to the client throughout the entirety of their claim.
We are seeking an administration assistant to work on a full time basis in our Melbourne office.
This opportunity would suit an experienced administration operator or someone looking to start a career as an administration assistant.
The role is to assist the Hearing Loss Coordinator in the processing of WorkCover claims for clients that have suffered hearing loss as a result of employment.
The role will involve a range of administrative tasks including:
- general administration duties
- organisation of incoming referrals
- assisting with entry of data and statistics
- collating documentation
- creating new files
- completing a range of application forms
- liaising with clients and audiologists
- administrative tasks such as filing/photocopying
- assisting with preparation of cost agreements.
Your skills and experience
To be successful in this role you must possess:
- an interest in helping people
- excellent organisation skills
- demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- experience in an administrative role would be advantageous but not essential
- proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- have a hard working and dedicated approach
- have a friendly, down to earth nature that enjoys working as part of a team.