Kirsty Osborne is an Associate at Adviceline Injury Lawyers who primarily assists injured workers and survivors of sexual assault. Kirsty is also experienced in public liability.
Understanding the significant impact an injury can have on a person’s life, Kirsty has an empathetic approach to advising clients of their legal rights and potential outcomes. Kirsty cares about making the legal process as straightforward and stress-free as possible for her clients.
Kirsty was raised on the Mornington Peninsula and is passionate about ensuring all members of the community have access to quality legal services, regardless of their proximity to major cities.
Prior to joining Adviceline Injury Lawyers, Kirsty volunteered at a Community Legal Centre in her local area and she regularly visits the Latrobe Valley to provide legal advice. Kirsty also donates her time to the Women’s Legal Service and has a strong commitment to pro bono work.
Kirsty’s experience includes:
- assisting three survivors of historical child sexual abuse to obtain compensation against a Melbourne dentist
- acting for an individual who sustained a severe brain injury as a result of a one-punch assault in a successful claim against their offender
- bringing court proceedings for a teacher suffering a psychological injury, seeking that their weekly payments be reinstated and calculated at the correct rate. This resulted in a six-figure back-payment by the WorkCover insurer
- assisting workers with serious and debilitating physical injuries to obtain compensation for their pain and suffering and loss of earning capacity
- negotiating substantial out of court settlements on behalf of clients who have suffered permanent injuries as a result of accidents at public venues
- acting for a Nepali asylum seeker in a successful appeal to the High Court of Australia from the Supreme Court of Nauru, which enabled the client to have their claim for protection re-determined.
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Melbourne
- Juris Doctor – University of Melbourne
I would like to thank you all so much for the work you have all done for me and for reaching such a great settlement outcome. I believe that making a stand with my case has contributed greatly to changes and I am grateful that the chances of other people going through what I went through is now greatly reduced. I feel like I have achieved justice and it’s all thanks to you all and the team at Adviceline Injury Lawyers.- Lucie
Thank you to all the staff at Adviceline. The level of professionalism balanced with concern for client needs has been outstanding.- Robyn B