I have been injured in a public place. What can I do?

Public liability claims can be made for injuries suffered in a variety of locations including supermarkets, footpaths, parks, schools and private residences.  Claims can also be made for types of injuries that occur as a result of slips, trips and falls, unsafe surfaces and premises.  Assaults (physical, sexual and emotional) and dog attacks are also covered by this area of law.

There are some circumstances where others may be accountable for injuries sustained in a public or private place.

To make a claim you need to prove that at the time of sustaining the injury, you were owed a duty of care that was breached and this breach caused your injury.

In the unfortunate event that you or a family member has been injured in a public place, it is important to get the right advice.  To start the process of claiming compensation you should:

  • Seek medical treatment
  • Speak to a lawyer for independent advice.

Our industry recognised legal experts provide independent, clear and practical guidance and have extensive experience assisting Victorians access compensation.

To speak directly to one of our expert injury lawyers, call (03) 9321 9988.

Your first appointment is free and we offer a ‘No Win, No Fee’ service.

Go Back