Adviceline Injury Lawyers is a specialist personal injury law firm in Victoria, with particular expertise in work injury, accidents on the road, public place slips and trips and claims of negligence (i.e. medical negligence and misconduct; sexual abuse).
For more than 50 years, we have been helping injured Victorians access the compensation they need to get their lives back on track. We take on all types of cases and represent all parts of the community, including people who find it difficult to afford a lawyer or speak a language other than English. Several of our lawyers speak many different languages including Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin) and Greek.
We are seeking an experienced lawyer to take on the Office Leader role in our Melton office.
Alongside managing your own files you will be providing team leadership to a small close knit team which currently comprises a junior lawyer, a law clerk and two legal assistants.
As the office leader you can expect your role, alongside your file management, to include the following responsibilities:
- supervise, support and mentor the team
- providing regular feedback and development as well as coaching where needed
- identify areas of upskilling and coordinate learning opportunities, with the assistance from our L&D team
- identify work performance issues and work with the partners and P&D to resolve and implement strategies to manage these
- manage office leave requests
- assist with the recruitment of new employees for the team.
- monitoring the financial performance of the office and work with the partners and our finance team where appropriate
- manage fee budgets including managing debtors and disbursements.
- ensure the expected level of client service is maintained throughout the office and manage any client concerns promptly and escalate if required
- conduct regular team meetings
- monitor workloads and adjust new client allocations when appropriate.
- with the support of the partners and our Marketing team develop and implement BD and marketing initiatives for the office, including the production of an annual marketing schedule
- build the profile of the office in the relevant markets
You will be supported in your role by the partnership and our P&D team.
Your skills and experience
You must be operating at Senior Associate level and be comfortable in managing, not only your own matters, but in managing the members of this small and collegiate team.
The position could well suit a lawyer who is currently City based and seeking to continue to work on high quality matters but in a location offering proximity to home and thus reducing your commute time (when we are in a position to return to office based work!).
You will have a solid background in Personal Injury work with a focus of this having been in advising clients who have suffered work related injuries.
Accredited Specialisation and experience already gained in managing a small team will be highly regarded.
What we offer
Whilst the role is based in one of our suburban offices you will have the full support of the wider Adviceline team as well as the partners and the business services teams (including P&D, Marketing, L&D, Finance and IT).
We offer a range of benefits including an extensive in-house learning and development program, health & wellbeing initiatives and regular social events.
We promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and we are committed to maintaining a culture that supports gender equality. We also offer all employees access to flexible work arrangements regardless of your position in the firm or your gender.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity please contact Zoe Discombe, National Recruitment Manager, on (03) 9321 9802.
Alternatively, if you wish to apply please complete our online application.