Sharlene Prasad is a Lawyer at Adviceline Injury Lawyers; and has a particular interest in assisting injured Victorians with public-liability claims and work-related injuries.
Her desire to assist injured individuals has primarily been motivated by her extensive community service and volunteer work; and her passion to help make a difference.
Sharlene was awarded the Brimbank Young Citizen of the Year and Gorton Young Leaders Award in which she was recognised for her exceptional commitment to public service and outstanding contribution to her local community.
Prior to her admission, Sharlene worked with the WorkCover and Hearing Loss practices at Adviceline. This experience allowed her to develop a strong understanding and deep interest in personal injury law; and highlighted the importance of helping clients obtain the assistance and entitlements they deserve to improve their quality of life.
Sharlene has also worked as an Investigator for the State Government where she primarily monitored legislative compliance and reviewed evidence for Prosecution.
Sharlene is passionate about helping others obtain access to legal services, and takes great pride in protecting, educating and enforcing the rights of individuals to make a positive difference to their lives.
Sharlene’s experience includes:
- negotiating a generous settlement for pain and suffering damages for a teacher who suffered an injury to her finger whilst on a school camp
- disputing a WorkCover insurer’s determination of an Impairment Benefit to obtain compensation of $25,500 for a client who was initially assessed as being entitled to $0
- assisting a supermarket packer in obtaining pain and suffering damages in excess of $85,000 for a back injury caused over the course of his employment
- successfully disputing a decision to reinstate weekly payments beyond 130 weeks for a client who the Medical Panel found to have no current work capacity, that is likely to continue indefinitely. The client, who suffered an injury to his hand whilst working as a truck driver, has also successfully obtained a serious injury certificate for pain and suffering damages and economic loss. This now enables us to proceed with his common law claim.
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Melbourne
- Juris Doctor – Monash University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – College of Law
Lisa and Sharlene were always professional and polite throughout all our communications. They always answered my questions and kept me informed throughout every step which was taken in dealing with my claim. They listened to any concerns I had and most importantly, I was very pleased with the outcome of my claim. A BIG thank you to all for all their hard work and effort throughout my claim.- Joanna D
Thank you to all the staff at Adviceline. The level of professionalism balanced with concern for client needs has been outstanding.- Robyn B