Shyla Sivanas is an Associate at Adviceline Injury Lawyers with a strong focus on assisting clients injured in transport accidents and workplace injuries. Shyla also assists clients with superannuation, public liability and crimes compensation claims.
Shyla believes in a full service approach and often assists clients with concurrent claims for transport or workplace injuries, victims of crime application and superannuation claims. Shyla understands the interactions between these different types of claims and works hard to ensure clients can achieve the maximum benefit that they are entitled to under these different systems.
As someone who migrated from Malaysia to Australia, Shyla empathises with the challenges of clients navigating a foreign legal system. Shyla is able to provide services fluently in the Malay language.
Shyla understands how an injury can have a significant impact on every aspect of daily life. Shyla goes into bat for her clients so that they can focus on what is truly important – their recovery.
Before joining the firm, Shyla has had experience in community legal centres and in human rights work, helping members of the community access legal advice they may not otherwise have been able to.
Shyla has been involved in numerous personal injury litigation settlements, including:
- an expedited settlement in excess of a million dollars for a young client injured in a transport accident without the need for attending a protracted and traumatic court hearing
- a substantial six-figure settlement for a client who suffered a psychological injury while working in a hospital
- disputing a WorkCover insurer’s determination of an Impairment Benefit and achieving an increase of $120,000 for a client
- successful disputing a client’s entitlement to funding for choir lessons after suffering an acquired brain injury.
- Bachelor of Arts – Monash University
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) – Monash University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – College of Law
Additional languages spoken
Shyla was friendly, welcoming and very helpful. She kept me in the loop of any development in my case and we met the target set.- Michael G
Throughout the entire process, Shyla kept me extremely well informed, starting from our first meeting and the white board! My memory was appalling at the time and I look back now and realise I was very depressed, particularly at the time of the County Court appearance. Having been the beneficiary of expert legal care, I now know when to run a mile from overly eager and, no doubt, shonky firms that would be happy to drag already badly injured small biz owners through possibly years of legal battles, all to no avail. When my claim was finalised, we all walked away very happy…..except the defendant, as it should be!- Alison B