I have been injured in a traffic accident. What can I do?

The TAC scheme assists people injured by a motor vehicle, tram or train in Victoria or involving a Victorian resident and a Victorian vehicle.  A person who was dependant on another person that dies as the result of a transport accident is also entitled to receive benefits from the TAC.

You are covered by the scheme regardless of who was at fault.

If you are injured in a traffic accident in another State, you may be subject to different compensation laws.

In the unfortunate event that you or a family member is injured in a traffic accident, it is important to get the right advice.  To start the process of claiming compensation you should:

  • Notify the Police (or if a train or tram accident, the Public Transport Corporation)
  • Seek medical treatment
  • Speak to a lawyer for independent advice.

Our legal experts provide independent, clear and practical guidance and have extensive experience helping Victorians receive assistance.  We assisted many families involved in the Kerang train disaster, and have helped motorcyclists, drivers, pedestrians and bike riders who have been injured in transport accidents.

To speak directly to one of our expert injury lawyers, call (03) 9321 9988.

Your first appointment is free and we offer a ‘No Win, No Fee’ service.

Go Back