Catherine Sim is a Senior Associate at Adviceline Injury Lawyers and is an expert in personal injury law, in particular the WorkCover system.
An experienced and empathetic lawyer, Cate is dedicated to assisting workers achieve a just and fair outcome when they have suffered injuries at work. Cate understands that expertise is valued, and is driven to provide accurate and appropriate advice to assist our client’s in making the right decision in their circumstances. Navigating the WorkCover system can be an overwhelming and trying time, and Cate aims to assist our clients from the beginning to the end of the process.
It is Cate’s keen interest in social justice and providing equal access to legal services that moved her to make worker’s rights and entitlements a priority in her practice. She predominantly assists our South Eastern clients resolve disputes with WorkCover insurers over payment of weekly payments and medical treatment, and seeks lump sum compensation where appropriate.
Catherine has been involved in numerous personal injury litigation and settlements, including:
- successfully reinstated weekly payments after a termination at 130 weeks for a teacher who suffered a psychiatric injury. The Insurer insisted that our client did not meet the test for ongoing payments, however Catherine obtained back-pay of nearly 2 years and ongoing payments without the need to attend court
- obtained a significant dependency claim payout for a client who was previously unaware of her entitlements and was out of time to make a claim
- obtained a serious injury certificate for pain and suffering only for a worker with a psychiatric injury, whom remained in employment.
- Bachelor of Laws – Monash University
- Bachelor of Arts – Monash University
We were very well informed and learnt more in the first hour than I did with my previous law firm that I was with for a few years. We were filled with doubt when we approached Catherine as the previous firm had failed to achieve any initial outcome for an impairment benefit after promising the world. After listening to everything, explaining a number of details and letting us know a new case could be started we were more hopeful.- Matthew and Karen W
Tina, Tran and Catherine were an amazing team and not only supported me professionally but also personally when I felt completely broken and at my lowest. Thank you so much I will forever be grateful.- Helen F